Details & Itinerary
Encounter the Baltic States with us as we visit some of the places of historical importance and experience the cultural gems the states are famous for. Our exclusive hosted tour ensures safe, relaxed travel with everything taken care of. The sights will fill you with awe and amazement. Join us on our Dictators, Despots & Dissidents tour and experience Europe for yourselves.
Request a brochure
- Visit the site of the Berlin Wall
- See the splendid Trakai Castle, dating back to the 14th century
- Visit the unique UNESCO ‘World Heritage’ Wieliczka Salt Mines
- Explore the city of Warsaw
- Highlights of the City Tour of St Petersburg
- Special guided visit to the former Winter Palace & Hermitage Museum, viewing works of art by Rembrandt, Leonardo da Vinci & Michelangelo.
- Cruise the canals of St Petersburg
- 4 star+ hotel accommodation
- Fully hosted, exclusive tour
- Options to extend your trip
Click on the hotels below for more details of the hotels we stay in:
Hotel Capri by Fraser, Berlin
Hotel Puro Poznan Old Town, Poznan
Hotel Puro Wroclaw Old Town, Wroclaw
Hotel Puro Krakow Old Town, Krakow
Hotel Radisson Blu Sobieski, Warsaw
Hotel Holiday Inn, Vilnius
Hotel Radisson Blu Olumpia, Tallinn
Hotel Park Inn Nevsky, St Petersburg
NZ$10,995 per person Twin Share; Single supplement NZ$2,495;
*Early Bird Bonus*: Save $800 per couple (or $400pp) when you book by 31 December 2019#
Prices are inclusive of: All internal transfers; Breakfasts each day with 3 dinners & 1 lunch also included.
Prices do not include international flights to Europe. Please call us to get a quote for the latest fares. # To qualify for the early bird bonus, you must purchase your airfares with us.
If you are traveling alone but would like to share a room with someone, please indicate this on your registration form. We will endeavor to arrange a share with another single for you. However, if it cannot be arranged, the single room supplement will apply.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars. Prices may vary due to changes in exchange rates.
How to book
A deposit of $2,250 per person is required together with a completed registration form to secure a reservation. The final balance is due 60 days prior to departure and an invoice will be sent to you prior to this date. All prices are based on payment by direct credit. If you wish to pay by credit card, we accept Visa & MasterCard. Payments made via credit card are subject to a 2% surcharge. Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made no later than 3 months prior to the tour departure date.
Taxes & other incidental costs
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this brochure at the time of printing, but services offered, package availability and times may be subject to change from time to time. We will advise you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them ourselves. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with those shown here: https://www.travelencounters.co.nz/terms-conditions/
Visas / Passports
Prior to flight ticketing, refunds will be made in full.
After flight ticketing and up to 60 days, loss of deposit.
Under 60 days - commencement of tour, no refund.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking in case of sickness or other problem that might prevent you travelling, as well as giving you peace of mind whilst you are on tour.
General Tour Information
- If you wish to book your own airfare, you will be charged for a land only price. If your flight times do not coincide with other travellers in the tour, you will be required to make your own way to the accommodation at the start of the tour and to the airport at the end of the tour.
- Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made.
- Bookings are required at least 60 days prior to departure. Late bookings will be considered, but may be subject to surcharge costs.