Details & Itinerary
Encounter the Baltic States with us as we visit some of the places of historical importance and experience the cultural gems the states are famous for. Our exclusive hosted tour ensures safe, relaxed travel with everything taken care of. The sights will fill you with awe and amazement. Join us on our Dictators, Despots & Dissidents tour and experience Europe for yourselves.
Download a brochure
- Visit the site of the Berlin Wall
- See the splendid Trakai Castle, dating back to the 14th century
- Visit the unique UNESCO ‘World Heritage’ Wieliczka Salt Mines
- Explore the city of Warsaw
- Highlights of the City Tour of St Petersburg
- Special guided visit to the former Winter Palace & Hermitage Museum, viewing works of art by Rembrandt, Leonardo da Vinci & Michelangelo.
- Cruise the canals of St Petersburg
- 4 star+ hotel accommodation
- Fully hosted, exclusive tour
- Options to extend your trip
Click on the hotels below for more details of the hotels we stay in:
Hotel Capri by Fraser, Berlin
Hotel Puro Poznan Old Town, Poznan
Hotel Puro Wroclaw Old Town, Wroclaw
Hotel Puro Krakow Old Town, Krakow
Hotel Radisson Blu Sobieski, Warsaw
Hotel Holiday Inn, Vilnius
Hotel Radisson Blu Olumpia, Tallinn
Hotel Park Inn Nevsky, St Petersburg
Pricing to be confirmed once borders are open again.
Prices are inclusive of: All internal transfers; Breakfasts each day with 3 dinners & 1 lunch also included.
Prices do not include international flights to Europe. Please call us to get a quote for the latest fares.
If you are traveling alone but would like to share a room with someone, please indicate this on your registration form. We will endeavor to arrange a share with another single for you. However, if it cannot be arranged, the single room supplement will apply.
All prices are in New Zealand dollars. Prices may vary due to changes in exchange rates.
How to book
Taxes & other incidental costs
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this brochure at the time of printing, but services offered, package availability and times may be subject to change from time to time. We will advise you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them ourselves. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with those shown here: https://www.travelencounters.co.nz/terms-conditions/
You will be required to pay a deposit or deposits when booking. We advise you of how much that will be. Subject to the cancellation schedule listed above, all deposits are non-refundable for changes of mind or cancellations by you (subject to your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act). Final payment is required no later than 60 days prior to departure unless otherwise stated. Some airfares or services must be paid in full at the time of booking. Cheques are no longer accepted as a valid form of payment now that the New Zealand banks have stopped issuing them.
Visas / Passports
We recommend that you contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.safetravel.govt.nz for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with SafeTravel, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
If the tour does not proceed due to lack of numbers, deposits will be refunded in full.
Prior to flight ticketing and confirmation of tour, refunds of deposits will be made in full.
Once tours are confirmed to run, deposits become non-refundable.
After flight ticketing and up to 60 days before departure, loss of deposit
Under 60 days - commencement of tour, no refund.
Once again we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking in case of sickness or other problem that might prevent you travelling, as well as giving you peace of mind whilst you are on tour. Whilst your booking is paid in NZ Dollars, some of your booking may be booked and purchased in other currencies. If your booking is cancelled or amended, even in the event a full refund may be due, it may be impacted by currency changes and/or fluctuating buy/sell rates.
Our Change and Cancellation Service Fees
Subject to your refund and remedy rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act, a service fee will apply in the event that you need to change or cancel your booking, regardless of whether your booking was made in person, over the phone or by email. This service fee is to cover our reasonable costs for our professional services and is in addition to any third party supplier change and cancellation fees that may apply. Service fees may range from $50-250 per person, depending upon the tour and the complexities of the situation.
Supplier Change and Cancellation Fees
Cancelled bookings may also incur supplier fees, which can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Supplier fees may also apply where a booking is changed and /or when tickets or documents are re-issued. Where we incur any liability for a supplier cancellation fee for any booking which you change or cancel, you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee. Where you seek a refund for a cancelled booking for which payment has been made to the supplier, we will not provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from that supplier.
General Tour Information
- If you wish to book your own airfare, you will be charged a land only price. If your flight times do not coincide with the tour group transfers, you will be required to make your own way to the accommodation at the start of the tour and to the airport at the end of the tour.
- Sharing. If you are travelling alone, but wish to share a room with someone else, please indicate this on your registration form. We will do everything possible to arrange quad/twin share accommodation in these instances. However if it cannot be arranged, the ‘own room’ supplement will apply.
- Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made.
- Bookings are required at least 60 days prior to departure. Late bookings will be considered, but may be subject to surcharge costs.
Get In Touch
PO Box 25 254 St Heliers, Auckland 1740, NZ
- 0800 377 479 (New Zealand)
- 1800 377 479 (Australia)