The remnants of the ancient world jostle with the contemporary life and modern state that is Israel.
Travelers eager to walk where history happened, will be dazzled by the diversity of this vibrant land.
Israel is rich with the most poignant of holy sites, archaeological treasures, buzzing cities and exhilarating natural beauty. The region is also one of the most bitterly contested on earth, fought over for decades between Israelis and Palestinians. With a backdrop like this, it’s almost inevitable that politics ends up colouring many experiences here – not least a visit to Jerusalem’s magnificent and contentious Old City. But there’s plenty more to this place than news headlines. Artsy, liberal hubs, gorgeous beaches and scenes of sincere spirituality are just some of the highlights of a visit here, topped only by discovering the many unexpected areas where Arab & Jewish cultures overlap.
- Wander the quarters of Jerusalem’s Old City.
- Taste your way through a local market.
- Explore the stunning sites of the Sea of Galilee including Capernaum and Nazareth.
- Walk the ruins at ancient Masada.
- Float in the Dead Sea.
- View the Dead Sea Scrolls.
- Experience the past as you walk in ancient ways.
- Bring history to life in Bethlehem.
- Fully hosted from New Zealand with local Israeli guides.
- Fully hosted exclusive tour, limited to just 16 guests.
- 4 Star hotels throughout.
- Options to extend your trip.
Download a brochure
Fill in the form below to request a brochure for this encounter.
How to book
A deposit of $1,500 per person is required together with a completed registration form to secure a reservation. The final balance is due 60 days prior to departure and an invoice will be sent to you prior to this date. All prices are based on payment by direct credit. If you wish to pay by credit card, we accept Visa & MasterCard. Payments made via credit card are subject to a 2% surcharge. Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made no later than 3 months prior to the tour departure date.
Taxes & other incidental costs
All reasonable care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this brochure at the time of printing, but services offered, package availability and times may be subject to change from time to time. We will advise you of any changes as soon as we are made aware of them ourselves. These terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with those shown here: https://www.travelencounters.co.nz/terms-conditions/
Visas / Passports
Prior to flight ticketing, refunds will be made in full.
After flight ticketing and up to 60 days, loss of deposit.
Under 60 days - commencement of tour, no refund.
We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance at the time of booking in case of sickness or other problem that might prevent you travelling, as well as giving you peace of mind whilst you are on tour.
General Tour Information
- If you wish to book your own airfare, you will be charged for a land only price. If your flight times do not coincide with other travellers in the tour, you will be required to make your own way to the accommodation at the start of the tour and to the airport at the end of the tour.
- Our tours are contingent on sufficient numbers participating on the tour. If the tour does not go ahead due to lack of numbers, a full refund of your deposit will be made.
- Bookings are required at least 60 days prior to departure. Late bookings will be considered, but may be subject to surcharge costs.
Dictators, Despots & Dissidents
4 - 24 June 2020
Encounter Africa with us as we visit some of Southern Africa's magical places.
12 - 27 July 2020
Experience Patagonia & Argentina
Discover the Incredible Diversity of Cultures, Landscapes & Wildlife that is Patagonia & Argentina.
29 Jan - 19 Feb 2021
Incredible Alaska -
Land + Sea Journeys
Award-winning Holland America Line have been cruising in Alaska for over 70 years and would love to help you explore Alaska's wonders.