Terms & Conditions
Travel Encounters Ltd
Booking Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to bookings you make with our Travel Consultants (in person, over the phone or by email).
We will rely on the authority of the person making the booking to act on behalf of any other traveller on the booking and that person will bind all such travellers to these terms and conditions.
Passports & Visas
Some countries now require you to register online for an e-visa prior to travel. New Zealand passport holders will not be able to enter these countries without a valid e-visa. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct documentation to enter a country. Please ask us if you require advice on what visas may be required to enter the countries you are travelling to.
We are an authorised representative of CoverMore Insurance Services Pty Ltd (ABN 95 003 114 145) (“Cover-More”) and receive financial and non-financial benefits when you buy travel insurance products through us. We and Cover-More are authorised to provide you with general advice about, and arrange, travel insurance products on behalf of the insurer, Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ABN 13 000 296 640, AFSL 232507).
Please contact your Travel Consultant to take out travel insurance through us or if you have any questions about Cover-More’s travel insurance products. We also offer other Travel Insurance providers policies. The Terms and conditions and policy wording applies and it is important to disclose any information required to ensure your cover is adequate for your circumstances and pre-existing health conditions.
If you purchase travel and decline travel insurance, you may be required to sign a disclaimer.
We recommend that you contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade or visit their website at www.safetravel.govt.nz for general travel advice, as well as specific advice (including safety alert levels) relating to the destination you wish to visit. You can also register your travel plans with SafeTravel, so that you may be more easily contacted in an emergency.
Supplier Change and Cancellation Fees: Cancelled bookings may also incur supplier fees, which can be up to 100% of the cost of the booking, regardless of whether travel has commenced. Supplier fees may also apply where a booking is changed and when tickets or documents are re-issued. Where we incur any liability for a supplier cancellation fee for any booking which you change or cancel, you agree to indemnify us for the amount of that fee. Where you seek a refund for a cancelled booking for which payment has been made to the supplier, we will not provide a refund to you until we receive the funds from that supplier.
- they will be provided with reasonable care and skill;
- they will be fit for the particular purpose;
- they will be charged a reasonable price (when the price is not set); and
- they will be completed within a reasonable time.
If we fail to meet any of these guarantees, you have rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
The following information relating to general rules for Unaccompanied Minors is a guide only and may vary from airline to airline:
- Any child aged 5 to 11 years (inclusive) travelling alone on a flight must be booked as an Unaccompanied Minor.
- If your child is under 12 years of age and is not booked as an Unaccompanied Minor, then the child must be accompanied by another person 15 years of age or older.
- Any child aged 12 to 15 years (inclusive) may also be required to travel as an Unaccompanied Minor if required by the airline (as airlines rules may differ) or requested by the parent/legal guardian.
- Children between 5-11 years of age attempting to travel alone and who have NOT been booked as an Unaccompanied Minor may be denied travel by the Airlines until they have been provided with all relevant details in relation to the child’s travel arrangements.
- An Unaccompanied Minor Form will need to be completed by the parent/legal guardian for this service. Also, there may be a fee involved for this service by the airline.
What Our Clients Say
Excellent value for money, professional in every respect, very enjoyable.
— Neil & Janet, Wellington
— Tyrone & Yvonne, Auckland
— Jeanette & Bill, Christchurch
— Sandra and Colin, Tauranga
— Tyrone & Yvonne, Auckland
— Bob & Pat Clevedon
Get our latest deals
Register and get our latest specials delivered direct to your inbox!